Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

rain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Oct 2005, 1:38 pm

My flatmate, and supposedly good friend moved in in September,
we met each other online, and have known each other for around two years.
She moved here for a year abroad (she's from Spain) & got accepted to the university here. We'd met twice before, which went well, and the first week she was here was good.

But things have gone downhill, she knows my difficulties, and had previously seemed to accept them.
I'm seriously struggling with communication, I don't think I'm rude, I make an effort and I always ask polite questions, but she seems to be increasingly rude or just "off" with me. I don't know if I'm reading her expressions wrong, or if theres a problem. She says she doesn't want to talk about it anymore, that its pointless, and says she can't be bothered,
but I'm so lost.

I don't know what else to do. Its really stressing me out.

WooYayHooplah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2005, 6:32 am

Sounds like it is her with the problem and not you. I met people like this before in the past and there isn't much you can do. Just carry on as normal - don't mention it to her, it will just make things worse.

pink
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Dec 2005, 6:18 am

Sometimes roommates don't want to be friends. They just want to share expenses. I had a roommate like that when I was in college. We never socialized. It lasted until the lease was up. After that I never saw her again. No hard feelings.

Comkeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Dec 2005, 2:06 pm

Do most of you tell your roomates of your aspie problems? I know I did, and at first I thought it would put her off... but it doesnt and we seem to be getting along fine.