Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 7:28 pm

I met this Guy with AS the other day, and he has a totally different outlook on it than I do. He said some things that made me get up chase him down the hall and dragg all 160 ppunds of him plus his backpack towel and lunchbag all the way down the hall.

He said that All people with AS are "ret*d" and he repeatedly called himself ret*d.
He blames AS on "The Shots" something I'd never heard of. he claims that all people with AS are Mercury poisoned(My mom said that they think that with regualr Autism some people might have been mercurized)
He says That AS is simply Genetic and that if I wasn't Poisoned by Mecury than My Mom or dad Has AS. I personally think that isn't true. I know for myself, I just have it, but my dad has ADHD and such stuff.

I don't understand this!

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 7:45 pm

this guy is an idiot. but not because he has AS

proganyl
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Nov 2005, 7:55 pm

It's certainly not you. I have had AS all my life (only recently diagnosed), and back in my youth I never ate fish, and still don't, so mercury played no part in my aspergers. My father probably had undiagnosed aspergers, and it does sometimes run in families. However, not one of my siblings is like me. I am the brightest member of my family, and ret*d is not a word that has ever been used to describe me. Sounds as if this guy has some issues. I prefer to think of those with aspergers as the next step in evolution (but I am and arrogant and somewhat self centerd person. LOL).

irishmic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Nov 2005, 8:04 pm

First off, the guy is an idiot with probably very low self esteem.

Second, good for you Shades.
If I had been there, I would have busted a couple of shots into his nose, and left him bleeding and crying on the floor. Little brat, he would have deserved it.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 8:10 pm

It was kinda funny. But he says that we are dumber than "god wanted us to be" ...what??? and he says that we should always think of the shots when we think Aspergers Syndrome....wow...I was scared there.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 8:13 pm

While it is possible that people on the spectrum may have a lower tolerance to heavy metals etc, the idea that mercury in vaccines causes autism is flawed, and seems to be favoured by those parents who need to pin the 'blame' on anything which does not relate to THE GENES THEY PASSED ON TO THEIR AUTISTIC CHILDREN. Gaaaaah! :evil:

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 8:16 pm

Duncvis, I was feeling really angry and agreeing with your statement, but then I saw your Avatar...LOL. I don't really like this guy anyways. I wish I new some female aspies. or male aspies...I don't think i was poisoned.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 8:30 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
Duncvis, I was feeling really angry and agreeing with your statement, but then I saw your Avatar...LOL.

Everyone loves Magical Trevor... ;)

Quote:
...I don't think i was poisoned.

Don't worry Shades, you weren't. I'm too old to have had the MMR jab, and there are plenty of others here who didn't either... :)

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2005, 8:44 pm

that guy wouldnt understand AS like we do and sounds like hes the idiot not you.

Mithrandir
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 8:49 pm

Autism and Aspergers is really about intelligence.
This guy having no intelligence doesn't comprehend what it means :lol:

I think this guy was looking for a rise out of you. Best thing to do, ignore him if you can.
Sometimes by giving someone a reaction (even negative) is what they want.

The hardest thing to do is not to react emotionally from harsh comments, yet that is required. If you must create enemies, have a larger number of people to back you up. This can be done by improving "face," proving yourself better then him.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 8:52 pm

sandra3 wrote:
that guy wouldnt understand AS like we do and sounds like hes the idiot not you.

Yeah,
And though he believes we're all real dim....
The only one who's being a "ret*d" is him.

:wink:

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 9:41 pm

My Grandfather and Uncle didn't have the vaccines, and there's about a 99% chance that one was and one is AS. Some thimerosol (mercury compound in the shots) theory advocates point to a ban on the use of the substance between 1999-2001 decreasing the number of Autism spectrum cases, but that also coincides with the .com crash, where AS, HFA, and PDD friendly jobs disappeared and it wasn't a good time for those people to be having kids since most of them became unemplyed or underemployed.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 9:50 pm

If I was told that I was poisoned I'd probably become paranoid and be focused on it all the time...I guess thats what he's doing, inly I'd probably searcgh for ays to get t "out"... :?

GroovyDruid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2005, 12:24 am

Hey ShadesOfMe,

If you're wondering about the themerosol "shots", here's a link to the aritcle by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. that was in ROLLING STONE on June 20, 2005, that kicked off the recent storm:

[url](We're sorry, but the url you have dialed has been disconnected or is no longer in service. Please hang up and try again) :P[/url]

It's a tough call, this one. Read it and see what you think.

Some people say Kennedy's reasoning is flawed, but there's some very, very strong evidence to show that, while AS and autism certainly have a genetic component, murcury poisoning in the mother or the featus causes much more severe problems, more toward the retardation end. Autism as we know it skyrocketed with the beginning of thimerosol injections in the 1930's.

If it turns out Kennedy's right, it will be like Enron and the Lewisky hearings meets Godzilla, because it will mean there has been a massive cover-up of the truth resulting in thousands and thousands of children being injected with a poison that mentally inhibits them for life.
8O

So your "idiot", as he has been fondly dubbed here, is reacting to something that is not yet proved, or at least not accepted by everyone as true. He's jumping the gun in getting upset about the shots.

And whether he's right or not, it sure doesn't help anyone to go around labelling them ret*d.

Boldness has genius,
Power and magic in it.

--Goethe

Last edited by GroovyDruid on 11 Nov 2005, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 12:33 am

GroovyDruid wrote:
Hey ShadesOfMe,

If you're wondering about the themerosol "shots", here's a link to the aritcle by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. that was in ROLLING STONE on June 20, 2005, that kicked off the recent storm:

http://autism.about.com/gi/dynamic/offs ... %2F7395411

It's a tough call, this one. Read it and see what you think.

Some people say Kennedy's reasoning is flawed, but there's some very, very strong evidence to show that, while AS and autism certainly have a genetic component, murcury poisoning in the mother or the featus causes much more severe problems, more toward the retardation end. Autism as we know it skyrocketed with the beginning of thimerosol injections in the 1930's.

If it turns out Kennedy's right, it will be like Enron and the Lewisky hearings meets Godzilla, because it will mean there has been a massive cover-up of the truth resulting in thousands and thousands of children being injected with a poison that mentally inhibits them for life.
8O

So your "idiot", as he has been fondly dubbed here, is reacting to something that is not yet proved, or at least not accepted by everyone as true. He's jumping the gun in getting upset about the shots.

And whether he's right or not, it sure doesn't help anyone to go around labelling them ret*d.

Well if you're saying that the flu shots that had traces of mercury in them (do I have my facts right?) could cause retardation and LFA-type symptoms in auties, I do not think that is entirely out of the question. It may be that the actual birthrate of aspies/auties has actually been the same all these decades but its only because of the exacerbating effects of the mercury that so many people are noticing these cases of autism.

While I don't really agree with Kennedy, I think any excuse to get the gov't off their asses and start making the environment cleaner and safer is not a gift horse I should look in the mouth. but I haven't researched his cause very closely.

GroovyDruid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2005, 1:29 am

AbominableSnoCone wrote:

Well if you're saying that the flu shots that had traces of mercury in them (do I have my facts right?) could cause retardation and LFA-type symptoms in auties, I do not think that is entirely out of the question. It may be that the actual birthrate of aspies/auties has actually been the same all these decades but its only because of the exacerbating effects of the mercury that so many people are noticing these cases of autism.

No, it's not flu shots that are the big issue. It's the vaccinations they give babies when they're born, vaccines for polio, smallpox, etc. The idea is that thimerosol, which is a murcury-based preservative, is being put into a baby's very sensitive and developing nervous system and making much more severe the autism or AS gene already there.

AbominableSnoCone wrote:
While I don't really agree with Kennedy, I think any excuse to get the gov't off their asses and start making the environment cleaner and safer is not a gift horse I should look in the mouth. but I haven't researched his cause very closely.

Definitely take a close look before you judge his case. :D Yeah, it should be a no-brainer that the government would not be using any heavy metal as a preservative for vaccines.

Their excuse is that it's all they've got that will keep the vaccines fresh for any length of time, but I smell a big, fat, pharmaceutical corporate rat in there someplace: it's about MONEY, the higher costs of using other preservatives, and the absolutely staggering class-action lawsuit that will be brought by literally hundreds of thousands of parents and children if thimerosol is shown to affect brain and nervous development negatively. You think the tobacco lawsuits were big ... they'll look like peanuts if this one turns out to be true.

By the way, did you know that some representatives have already tried to pass legislation making it illegal to bring class-action lawsuits against the Big Pharma companies for using thimerosol and covering up its effects? I smell some smoke there. Could be fire.... Why make it illegal if it's silly?

Boldness has genius,
Power and magic in it.

--Goethe