Do you believe that nearly anybody can become attractive?

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

patrick6
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 3:53 pm

Sometimes I don't feel very attractive. When I gain quite a bit of weight and when I haven't bought any new clothes in a very long time, I feel like I could look 100x better.

Do any of you people believe that anybody who previously wasn't very attractive can become attractive?

Last edited by patrick6 on 07 Sep 2008, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 4:17 pm

Yes I do, and going on your picture, you could be extremely attractive if you put in the aforementioned effort - you're fairly handsome as it is, anyway.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 5:39 pm

Quote:

With plastic surgeries , it's possible.... but there will always limits ,especially for males.

You can make yourself more attractive if you work out for example but that doesn't mean you would turn into a walking sex god but you aren't ugly in the first place.

As an objective answer for your question: no, not everyone can become attractive.

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 7:37 pm

pat666rick wrote:
Do any of you people believe that anybody who previously wasn't very attractive can become attractive?

Unless you have a major plastic surgery I'd say NO.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 7:59 pm

Everyone can be attractive and no one really needs plastic surgery really.

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 8:01 pm

PunkyKat wrote:
Everyone can be attractive and no one really needs plastic surgery really.

I guess it depends on what you mean with attractive...

Polgara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Sep 2008, 9:28 pm

I think attractiveness depends a lot on how you see yourself. I can't tell what you look like with that kitty-cat avatar, but I can tell you that even if you were very fat, super skinny, acne-scarred, bald, whatever, you can increase your attractiveness level with well-chosen (that's the tricky part) clothes that are NOT old, falling apart, stained, or badly-fitting, an appropriate hair style, good hygiene including dental, etc. because those indicate to others that you value yourself, and that will often result in others seeing you as more attractive.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 10:39 pm

Everyone is attractive to someone. Just because one person says someone isn't attractive doesn't mean they aren't. Someone else may think that person is the sexiest beast alive. :)

patrick6
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 12:06 am

Rainbow-Squirrel wrote:
pat666rick wrote:

Unless you have a major plastic surgery I'd say NO.

Yuck! To me plastic surgery decreases the attractiveness of a person.

Nothing beats natural looks, even if a person's natural looks aren't very great to begin with.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 1:22 am

well the answer more depends on if you're overweight and so forth.

talking to a guy who at the end of his 7th grade year, was 5'5 and 200 lbs.

I'm a junior in college now, 5'7 and 150 range.

I'm a good looking guy. I run daily. I eat healthily, I splurge occasionally, but I spend time on making sure I eat healthily. I rarely drink soda. when I do drink it, it's just one can of diet or diet decafinated. or Fresca. I drink water like a drunk does alcohol (nalgene bottle three refills a day during the summer, two during the school year)

nekowafer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Sep 2008, 3:50 am

I hope you're not saying that being overweight means you're automatically ugly.

As someone else said, everyone finds someone attractive. Someone will find you attractive, even if you never think of yourself that way. However, confidence is attractive to many people and being confident in your own looks will never hurt, unless you get an ego about it.

As for me, I think maybe 50% of people can become attractive to me one way or another. If they're not too good looking, usually if their personality is attractive to me then my perception of their looks changes.

MiniMozartAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Sep 2008, 6:05 am

Uh...... I'm gonna say no...

patrick6
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 4:13 pm

@Nekowafer

I don't think that being overweight necessarily makes someone un-attractive, in fact, (this will generate some laughs from people) it can actually be very attractive. You look like you may have a few extra pounds on you Neko (I hope you don't mind me saying this), but you're a very attractive girl.

For me, extra-baggage doesn't suit me very well. It also doesn't make me feel very well both physically and mentally.

I used to eat healthy and work out a lot. I'd spend one hour peddling on my stationary bike, then do two-hundred crunches and then finally two-hundred push-ups. The work-out usually took two hours to complete, but I had my music on while doing it so it wasn't so bad. It was a major work-out, and I felt like crap when I started doing it, but I eventually started to feel really good. I actually wasn't losing weight since I was gaining muscle while burning fat. I got so strong after doing these work-outs that I could eventually beat everyone in my class-room at arm-wrestling. I made lots of guys jealous. They always begged me to have an arm-wrestle against them, but I'd always win.

In the past few years I've been getting stretch marks due to gaining weight in such short amounts of time. I'm strange, I can gain and lose 40 pounds in a year because my eating habits change so much within a year. I can go from eating like a pig, to eating like a person who's living in a 3rd world country in the same year.

I know that some girls currently find me attractive, but I know that I could look a LOT more attractive if I was to lose weight. My face gets very round when I gain weight and it makes me look kind of silly. When I was a young teenager, I had many girls chasing me, while my friends received no attention at all. Even if I knew that a girl was interested in me, I'd still not want to date her. Why? Simply for the fact that I'd feel like I didn't look good enough for her. I want to look the way I did when I was a younger teenager, when girls used to be crazy over me.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 4:57 pm

Neko is technically overweight, yeah. But she's also gorgeous, as you said. Overweight need not mean unattractive.

I mean hell, pick a random catwalk model, and you'll still find loads of people who think she's ugly, despite it being her JOB to be beautiful.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 5:10 pm

I see attractiveness as an evolutionary competition between us all to try and find a mate and breed. People that are more worried about their looks will put more effort into how they look and thus will look better than someone who doesn't worry about their looks.

I don't know I don't really care all that much about how I look, clothes I wear. But it is important to look after your looks and try and look as best as you can, because people judge you on them.

Pat it is a good idea for you to try and lose weight if you are overweight, but maybe some how you can emotionally disconnect your self-esteem from how you look. Think more of it as a health thing maybe. In the end we all get old and ugly anyway.

Praetorius
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Sep 2008, 5:46 pm

pat666rick wrote:
For men, yes. Physical appearance is only a small part of what women are attracted to in a man.