Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 2:26 pm

im still tired after long sleep even in the vacation where i always slept like 10-12hours is it because i dont sleep much when its school?(whell my sleeping is waay more bether than its used to be nowdays i think its because of the gluten maybe) anyway i once heard that not sleeping can stack with the days altough i felt lots of less tired after the vacation but still dont hope its very unhealthy

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 2:29 pm

yea i had to address this as well.
im on modafinil, it is a wakefullness promoting agent, the manufacturers wanted to make it different to " speed"
but it is an amphetamine, and it makes me feels alert when i wake up and during the day . i had to tweak the dose a bit to stop me from staying awake all night but thats normal enough.
it seems to work for me.

ghouna
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Sep 2008, 2:39 pm

check your iron level.
I am always tired, but my iron level is very low, and it is very difficult for me to keep it higher.
Ask for a blood test, you may need some tablets.

(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.`.~*

Being me is great!

ButchCoolidge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Sep 2008, 2:58 pm

Sleep/restfulness is a very fickle thing. It's true that tiredness does stack. It is also true that you can't really "make up" for lost sleep. Of course it is good to get more sleep the night after you get poor sleep, but you aren't really making up for the lost sleep, you are just getting your body back to its original baseline. Also, if you sleep too much it's easy to feel groggy. I remember one summer when I fell asleep during Conan O'Brien (which for me was from 11:30-12:30) and woke up at noon every day and I was still really tired. Too much sleep isn't good, either.

I don't want my screen name accessible to the world, but please PM me if you want to talk on AIM or MSN. I'm always up for a good conversation.