Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

SoulDriven
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Oct 2008, 8:18 am

This past Monday I was diagnosed Asperger's. This has been a life changing event. While growing up I always thought of myself as relatively "normal" with a few odd quirks, a bit overly shy and having a few eccentricities (yes, I see it now) I've managed to live on my own from the age of 19, get married and have children (I now know that one is an Aspie for sure but he's 2 and they won't test until 3).

My whole life is changing as I analyze the past and see that I perceived things different than it really was. I'm more concerned about the future since the past is wrong. I've no real point to work from anymore. The best I can compare is that the last 32 years of my life has been like a daydream but never knowing that it is just a dream. Suddenly you snap out of it and see how things really are. I'm yet to determine if it's good or bad (this is new to me and I've never suspected any of this, hopefully no one is offened). Reading the forum's since yesterday assures me that I am in the right place to begin understanding life as I learn who I am, what Asperger's is and how to go through the rest of my life with the new reality.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 8:19 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_UK
Toucan
Toucan

09 Oct 2008, 8:25 am

Welcome :)

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 12:14 pm

"Hello," fellow-traveler SoulDriven, and welcome to Wrong Planet. I certainly agree with you that WP is the "right place to begin understanding life" as a person with Asperger's. When I discovered Asperger's, life finally began to make sense to me. And discovering Wrong Planet with all its great citizens was definitely a great encouragement to me. And now here's wishing you all the encouraging best of WP to you, SoulDriven, and keep those posts coming.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Oct 2008, 3:27 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 3:36 pm

Welcome aboard, mate! :salut:

I just found out about my Asperness this year, and I'm 51. Had I known 20 years ago, some of my decisions would have been different - I would not have tried so hard to conform to what "normal" people say and do.

I feel more free to express myself as I really am, without feeling guilt or any need to apologise for doing so.

I am ME, in my own image, and not someone else's idea of who or what I "should" be.

Again, welcome aboard!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 5:05 pm

Nice to meet you, SoulDriven. :) 8)

HD3H
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 5:06 pm

Heya and Welcome to WP 8)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran