Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

HisGirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Dec 2005, 2:33 pm

Hi Everyone,

I came across this site when I Googled "asperger." I did a quick scan of the forum and hope that you can make room for one more (me :) ).

I am a "normal" adult woman. I saw a couple posts by other adults, so I hope I don't feel like a Lone Ranger here. LOL Anyway, I say that I'm "normal" (although the people that know me might disagree :wink: ), but my SO thinks he has (and has some of the traits) of Asperger's, although he's never been diagnosed.

I don't know a great deal about the problem, but I'm learning. I'm trying.

I want to see him happy. He seems to focus on negative things, although he is very bright. I would like him to be able to see the GOOD things, ya know? He seems to have trouble with the nuances of communication, especially online. (We are in an LDR, so I don't get much opportunity to see how he relates to others like co-workers.)

He seems very hard and cold on the outside, but is a very loving, caring man. I wish others could see what I see.

I just want good things for him and I'm willing to get advice, suggestions and read anything that will help me to help him and anything that will help him to help himself.

I love him so very much and THAT makes me HisGirl. :D

Thanks for your time,
HG

Aly
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Dec 2005, 4:11 pm

Welcome, normie! And actually, we in the AS community call "normal" people (I don't like to use normal because the opposite is abnormal and I don't like that mentality) NTs, short for neurotypicals. Hope you enjoy your stay.

HisGirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Dec 2005, 4:39 pm

Thank you for the welcome.

I apologize for the "normal" thing. I know normal is subjective and objective, which is why I put it in quotes. I didn't realize that I was an NT until I read other posts in other sections after I had started this thread. I understand how my saying normal implies abnormal as the other end of the spectrum. Normal can be debated in any circle, not just this one. Like I said, some folks might laugh at my declaration of being normal as well. I CAN be a nut sometimes. LOL

I really want to learn a lot, and I have already in my short time here this afternoon. Once again, thank you.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2005, 6:13 pm

Hi. Welcome. You will like it here, I can tell. I hope you do enjoy it.

HisGirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2005, 9:34 am

Thanks for the welcome, Larsonjw92286.

I think I already like it here. I am looking forward to understanding more, learning a lot and being supportive.

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

07 Dec 2005, 9:49 am

Welcome NT to our humble abode.... :wink:

Seriously, glad to have ya!

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2005, 4:26 pm

My last name is spelt with an "e." Please remember that.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2005, 4:39 am

hi welcome to wp
it's nice here

HisGirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Dec 2005, 12:10 pm

Thanks, all.

And yes, Larsen, I will remember how to spell your name. At least I'll try to remember . . . my memory isn't what it used to be. :roll: Anyway, I apologize. :oops:

Still learning,
HisGirl

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2005, 3:19 pm

That's ok.