meltdown and withdrawal-

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

turborocker5000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Dec 2008, 2:35 pm

This may well have been asked before, so appologies, but I am curious.

I've found every time I've had a meltdown or something makes me angry or sick in the head... sensory overload etc etc, I always withdraw... or at least attempt it.

Does anyone else feel this way after a meltdown etc?

Like I can't stand humanity... that I would be content with locking myself away and do the things I wanna do and not have to speak to another human ever again. I even pray that I could live that kind of life when I've had a meltdown.

I remember telling my psychiatric nurse before I got diagnosed an Aspie that when I got 'depressed, I hated humans and wanted to be away and could not relate'... ironically, I've never really had low self esteem... and my psych nurse said 'that doesn't sound like depression to me'... a couple of months later and I get diagnosed with AS!

But I'm just curious... how do you feel after a meltdown.. do you withdraw more from 'humans' shall we say.. or at least desire to anyway?

Charlie x

Letum
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2008, 3:10 pm

Yes, sometimes I even childishly vow to avoid any human contact at all. Often I do for long stretches.
Contrasting with that, sometimes loneliness, rather than overload gets me. I do not withdraw then. Not from choice at least.

333Onfire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2008, 5:53 pm

I think I had this happen today. I didn't even think I had meltdowns. I was trying to decorate the Christmas tree and I just felt totally overwhelmed, almost cried because I didn't know where to start. Now I just want to hide away and sleep or zone out on the computer :wink: