Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 6:11 pm

You know, this whole Obama 'change' is starting with a very bad move:

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/pres ... ghtPR.mspx
http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/41061/122/

Is this the so-called change ? Support for technologies that attempt to subvert the web and make it belong back to MS? Screw Obama.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 6:17 pm

Microsoft never owned the World Wide Web, the Internet, the Arpanet, or Darpa.

If you want the WWW to remain "free" than do someting about it - something other than merely posting your fears on an "... online resource and community for Autism and Asperger's" website.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 6:25 pm

Not just because I posted this rant, it means I won't do anything else.

It shows a lot of ineptitude to do this. This technology excludes and it is actually very amateur to use an exclusive technology for something like this it is government website development 101...

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 8:30 pm

Fnord wrote:
Microsoft never owned the World Wide Web, the Internet, the Arpanet, or Darpa.

If you want the WWW to remain "free" than do someting about it - something other than merely posting your fears on an "... online resource and community for Autism and Asperger's" website.

Umm, what is the problem with posting a rant or complaining? Also, though this is a, " "... online resource and community for Autism and Asperger's" website.", this is not the General forum, but PPR. Moreover, what on earth is there to do other than complain? Write a petition? Start a revolution? Come on, really................

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 8:33 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Umm, what is the problem with posting a rant or complaining?

Well, there's always ...

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Write a petition? Start a revolution? Come on, really ...

Yes ... really! :wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 9:08 pm

Fnord wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Write a petition? Start a revolution? Come on, really ...

Yes ... really! :wink:

Cue the Mac ad?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkIajdujYcg[/youtube]

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 12:34 am

I don't really care. Silverlight works for mac and Windows so it's only our Linux users who are left in despair, however I'm sure they'll figure out something. They aren't exactly computer illiterate.

v0lume
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2009, 12:37 am

At one point the internet was only used by the government, never owned by ms like fnord said. Nothing wrong with Obamas ideas, I'd choose him any day over a republican scumbag, even though democrats aren't exactly my favorite either.

Nachtus01
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jan 2009, 3:52 am

I usually do not try to make comments that might leave others in a bad light, after all, this is America, and you most certainly are entitled to your opinion......having said that, I must confess that I am deeply baffled by your willingness to "throw in the towel", on a man who has yet to have taken office, over something so trivial.
Seriously, we have so many things that are of so much greater importance than whether MS gets a little edge.
How about any of these things.....

1. The war.
2. Health care.
3. Taxes.
4. Unemployment.
5. Education.
6. The economy.
7. Autism/Asperger, Cancer, or any other fill-in-the blank Research

Yes, I definitely see now why we should "screw Obama"! !! How could we ever expect him to take such trivial matters seriously when such grave matters like MS domination is at stake?

Whatever.
And since its obvious you didnt actually read the article, it should probably be pointed out to everyone else, that it was the Presidential Inaugural Committee that chose Silverlight, and not Obama personally, not that it really makes any difference. I dont know, its just my opinion, but I have a feeling that a man about ready to start running a country in a couple of days, is probably too concerned with other details to be bothered with, (if he was even asked about his opinion), what method of streaming his speech should used.

/rant

http://asirony.blogspot.com/

atari2600a
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jan 2009, 3:56 am

I believe silverlight is platform indepentant, so as long as that stays true it's fine by me (although I really would have liked flash :P)