Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2009, 11:59 pm

ever notice people tend to empisis the last part and downplay the first?

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 12:02 am

Are we talking about Babylon 5?

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 12:03 am

yup...not the one....no, not the one...;) - the guy who kept the Great machine. Can't remember the name; gavros, stavros, something like that...;)

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 12:10 am

Zathras.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 12:12 am

twoshots wrote:
Are we talking about Babylon 5?

I thought we were talking about the Matrix...

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 12:16 am

Zathras...thanks...;)

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 1:31 pm

Live for the One = Everything on earth comes from one source, One is God, live for God,
keep your attention on the One to live an ideal life. The number 3 represents Father, Son, Holy Spirit maybe? Maybe God is not like the monotheistic God, but the Creator?

Die for the One= Destroy your ego so that you can really live for the One. That is the symbolic interpretation. Also, be willing to die rather than sacrifice your integrity. In other words, don't be a weasel. It's better to die a physical death than to live for worldly goods.

Die is emphasized because it is symbolic, stressing the word makes you think about it more.

-Pythagoras

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 1:46 pm

Magnus wrote:
Live for the One = Everything on earth comes from one source, One is God, live for God,
keep your attention on the One to live an ideal life. The number 3 represents Father, Son, Holy Spirit maybe? Maybe God is not like the monotheistic God, but the Creator?

Die for the One= Destroy your ego so that you can really live for the One. That is the symbolic interpretation. Also, be willing to die rather than sacrifice your integrity. In other words, don't be a weasel. It's better to die a physical death than to live for worldly goods.

Die is emphasized because it is symbolic, stressing the word makes you think about it more.

There seems to be a lot of confusion here about living and dying. If you believe in God and an afterlife how does your ego get destroyed in death?

And suppose you just want to live without worldly goods? Is that somehow reprehensible?

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 2:18 pm

Maybe you should check out a Joseph Campbell book.

-Pythagoras

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 2:21 pm

Magnus wrote:
Maybe you should check out a Joseph Campbell book.

Although I tried to appreciate his writing I'm much more enthusiastic over his tomato soup.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 2:53 pm

Tomatoes are nightshades and should be avoided.

-Pythagoras

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 3:36 pm

Sand wrote:

There seems to be a lot of confusion here about living and dying. If you believe in God and an afterlife how does your ego get destroyed in death?

What if the belief is false?

ruveyn

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 9:07 pm

no, tomatoes are actually aphrodesiacs..it was discovered centuries ago...;)

duty is heavier than a mountain; death is as light as a feather - Japanese saying

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 10:40 pm

Tomatoes cause inflammation in the joints. I wonder if they also can cause inflammation in the brain. All nightshades contain some nicotine. If you suffer from arthritis, you might want to eliminate these foods altogether.

-Pythagoras

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 10:51 pm

Magnus wrote:
Tomatoes cause inflammation in the joints. I wonder if they also can cause inflammation in the brain. All nightshades contain some nicotine. If you suffer from arthritis, you might want to eliminate these foods altogether.

To bring this back to the original topic, the heart of a great spaghetti and meatball dish is the tomato sauce. If I die as a martyr I prefer to do so eating spaghetti and meatballs.

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 11:00 pm

Magnus wrote:
I wonder if they also can cause inflammation in the brain.
:( Tomatoes are my favorite food. I go through spells where I eat them every day...as a meal. Maybe that is what is wrong with my brain.