Help! How can you tell a woman likes you?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

wrongsister
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Feb 2009, 11:04 pm

How can you tell a woman likes you? Does anyone have suggestions?

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2009, 11:15 pm

There's body language, which you can research. If she touches you, goes out of the way to say hi to you, little things like that can show interest.

I once had a girl who would follow me around in school and talk to me, even if not about anything interesting. Her friends even complained she didn't talk to them enough anymore because she was always talking to me. Obvious sign? Well I missed it until I thought about it later.
My point is it's always easier to tell when you're outside the situation (as is somewhat the case in memories). So we, as outside perspectives might be able to help.

Are you dealing with a specific situation? Give us details and we might be able to tell.

person3
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Feb 2009, 11:19 pm

The best way to figure this out is to google "How to tell if a girl likes you."

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2009, 11:28 pm

If they can't stop looking at you while pretending to be busy. If you find that they jerk their head once they catch you glimpsing back at them, it's a sure known sign.....that is if they happen to be aspie such as myself.... :study:

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2009, 11:49 pm

They always seem to tell you some bit of information that is strangely personal. Something that you don't usually hear from normal interactions. Particularly, if you don't really know this girl. :chin:

Those who know, don't speak.

Xanovaria
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2009, 12:15 am

Go on...

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 12:31 am

I've had women say "I don't usually tell this to other guys", before it actually sunk into this aspie skull that it was a direct(or indirect) sign of interest. That's when they are expecting you to make a move/flirt, so they know you are interested, in return. If you don't respond, they usually move on. They won't actually tell you flat out that they are interested, it's all about the clues. It's kind of cool that they keep it subtle, because you can be rejected just as subtly, and it won't feel so bad. After that first move, you are on your own to play your own game because everyone is different.

That's just one common way to tell that a woman is interested.

Those who know, don't speak.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 1:32 am

One way is when someone you trust (and can see the signals) says, "she likes you."

wrongsister
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Feb 2009, 5:11 pm

The situation is actually my ex-girlfriend. We broke up about 2 years ago, lost touch for about a year and now are hanging out again. We usually hang out one on one and go to eat and text message a lot. My sister thinks she likes me because she doesn't tell me any details about other boys or says she has a boyfriend and stuff. I don't want to ask her just yet and she's pretty shy. But I dunno!!

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 5:35 pm

I try to figure it out too. I think if there's any physical contact, it might be a sign; like if a girl hugs you. I've had a few girls hug me but they only like me as a friend so I guess that's how they are with all their friends. I'll admit, my biggest problem is trying to figure out if a girl likes me as a friend or something more. Usually though, if the girl goes out of her way to talk to you or be with you, I'd say that's a sign that she likes you. Whether it's just as a friend or not.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 7:28 pm

Homer_Bob wrote:
I try to figure it out too. I think if there's any physical contact, it might be a sign; like if a girl hugs you. I've had a few girls hug me but they only like me as a friend so I guess that's how they are with all their friends. I'll admit, my biggest problem is trying to figure out if a girl likes me as a friend or something more. Usually though, if the girl goes out of her way to talk to you or be with you, I'd say that's a sign that she likes you. Whether it's just as a friend or not.

Yeah, that is a tough one... I get hugs from girls all the time, but every time it's just friendly...

One thing that may or may not be a deciding factor in a hug is its duration. If it's quick, engage, and break off, it's probably meant as a friendly gesture. If it lasts for more than about 5 seconds, though, there's a decent chance she may like you... (not always, though... I knew a girl that was just into that kind of hug...)

warface
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Mar 2009, 12:06 am

If she talks to you in a non-patronising manner.