I am so sick of trying to find someone online:(

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

reddingcal
Raven
Raven

30 Mar 2009, 12:10 am

I am tired of call girls, hookers, cam girls, scam artists, spammers, and other dishonest people trying to take advantage of me and posing as legitimate single woman. Its frustration and gets my hopes up for nothing. I wish something could be done to stop it.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 12:35 am

From the feedback on here, I've come to the conclusion that online dating sites are utterly useless and counter-intuitive, especially for Aspie guys.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 12:42 am

The only online site I found worth a damn was OKCupid, and I did make some good penpals and acquaintances through there.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Darian_C
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Mar 2009, 1:27 am

I've tried MySpace, Xat, MyYearbook, Ning, Yahoo Messenger, MSN/Windows Live Messenger...

I've tried everything, and I've only achieved a small amount of success, never met anybody in real life and I am currently single online and offline.

PinkieOfDoom

30 Mar 2009, 2:19 am

It gets annoying. I wish I didn't have to use the internet in the first place...

But socially dead

30 Mar 2009, 2:37 am

It sucks when you live in a small town or in a small area and people you meet are few hundred miles away or some who are nearby within 60 miles have no interest in you because you don't hear back from them when you send them a message. But when you live in a big city, it gets real easy if you're a woman because then you get a bunch of messages from men in your area and you go meeting them.

reddingcal
Raven
Raven

30 Mar 2009, 3:26 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
It sucks when you live in a small town or in a small area and people you meet are few hundred miles away or some who are nearby within 60 miles have no interest in you because you don't hear back from them when you send them a message. But when you live in a big city, it gets real easy if you're a woman because then you get a bunch of messages from men in your area and you go meeting them.

I am a guy so I'm screwed. I even tried one of those disability dating sites. Seems like even there an Aspie is the lowest one of the totem pole. Nothing beats getting rejected by a girl in a wheel chair. :oops:

reddingcal
Raven
Raven

30 Mar 2009, 3:28 am

Darian_C wrote:
I've tried MySpace, Xat, MyYearbook, Ning, Yahoo Messenger, MSN/Windows Live Messenger...

I've tried everything, and I've only achieved a small amount of success, never met anybody in real life and I am currently single online and offline.

I'm 28 and I've been trying since I was your age. :lol: I hope you have better success. I guess my situation could be worse. At least I had a couple of sexual experiences.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 7:59 am

Why are you only looking online?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 9:45 am

I think a lot of it has to do with it being easier to filter out who you want or don't want.

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 9:48 am

You need to go out in the community and start meeting women and emailing them afterwards. Dating sites are only good for dysfunctional women and ones who are severely unattractive.

reddingcal
Raven
Raven

30 Mar 2009, 2:30 pm

JohnHopkins wrote:
Why are you only looking online?

I've tried real life and failed miserably. There was this girl who I worked around that was kind of strange and nobody really liked her but she was a really beautiful person inside (or so I thought). I just tried to make friends with her and she treated me like I had the plague.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 3:29 pm

Cyberman wrote:
From the feedback on here, I've come to the conclusion that online dating sites are utterly useless and counter-intuitive, especially for Aspie guys.

Yep, such is the case with me. I've been on eharmony, match.com, to name a few (even some adult personals sites) but have yet to meet anyone. Luckily I didn't waste very much money on those but it's a real disappointment when you can't even find someone online. I think it would be better to meet someone face to face but that is often even harder for aspies.

People have done it but I no longer believe I'll find anyone online. Might not in real life but it's more likely I think. It still makes me a little sad but I'm not going to waste my energy on that thought anymore. But once I get out of this damn town then my chances should increase greatly. There are only a hand full of women I would want to date here but they are all taken. All the rest are woman I want nothing to do with. I'm not so desperate that I'll accept anyone.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2009, 10:38 pm

Cyberman wrote:

Agreed.
As someone who has spent close to a year on Plenty Of Fish I can attest to this first hand.

Just get a busy life and you won't feel as lonely or care as much about being single. It's working for me.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2009, 10:44 pm

Darian_C wrote:

Don't worry little buddy. 14 is extremely young to be worried about getting a girlfriend anyways. (I've been there)

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2009, 10:49 pm

Online dating is like shopping for the best product.

You get to pick and dump people automatically whereas in real life, you actually meet these people and it isn't that easy.

Sorry but I just don't think using the internet is a very good way of hooking up unless you want quick sex. It's just not going to turn into a real relationship unless you get to meet these people. Even when you do, sometimes they're not what you expected or fantasized about while sitting behind the computer screen.

But that's just how I see it. I've been to a good amount of dating sites and it felt like going to a supermarket. People are so picky and if they aren't, they're after something else.