Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 11:15 pm

It would seem that chemical reaction propelled projectiles, and, moreover, the instruments that launch them, are highly frowned upon in public, and in Minnesota can give you jail time + a $500 fee if you go into a building that says, "Guns are banned on these premises". Top it all off, the city I live in says that projectiles are not allowed within city limits, which means that arrows, pellets, or rocks can get you a fine or jail time.

Knives are also looked down upon, and back when I was in Texas it was illegal to carry any knife with a blade longer than 4 inches. Forbid it that I should go in the woods with a hunting knife, I might as well carry a Claymore.

250 years ago, would it have been such an offense to bear arms in the Americas?

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 11:20 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
It would seem that chemical reaction propelled projectiles, and, moreover, the instruments that launch them, are highly frowned upon in public, and in Minnesota can give you jail time + a $500 fee if you go into a building that says, "Guns are banned on these premises". Top it all off, the city I live in says that projectiles are not allowed within city limits, which means that arrows, pellets, or rocks can get you a fine or jail time.

Knives are also looked down upon, and back when I was in Texas it was illegal to carry any knife with a blade longer than 4 inches. Forbid it that I should go in the woods with a hunting knife, I might as well carry a Claymore.

Frankly, even 250 years ago, bears went unarmed and as far as I know they still follow that ancient tradition. I find that most commendable and recommend it.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 11:20 pm

I am very much against gun control. Criminals do not need safer work environments.

Also, 250 years ago it was indecent to walk around in public with bear arms.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 11:24 pm

Atomsk wrote:
I am very much against gun control. Criminals do not need safer work environments.

And very rough on bears.

T-rav20
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 11:37 pm

Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Frankly, even 250 years ago, bears went unarmed and as far as I know they still follow that ancient tradition. I find that most commendable and recommend it.

So far as I know, bears have had arms since they first evolved. How would they steal people's picnic baskets otherwise?

The following statement is True, the preceding statement was False.

I'm A PINEY from my head down to my HINEY.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 11:38 pm

Someone quick! Post a picture of Yogi!

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 11:54 pm

Bear is both a noun, as in the animal, and a verb...

217 years ago at least it was:

Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 11:59 pm

Atomsk wrote:

I think bare is the word intended, but if so, I'm not sure that would be true.

Walking around carrying arms of bears would get you stared at,
especially if you had no armaments by which to kill a bear with, other than hands...

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 12:03 am

T-rav20 wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

So far as I know, bears have had arms since they first evolved. How would they steal people's picnic baskets otherwise?

Bears do not steal. They exercise the natural right of eminent domain. I have had long conversations with bears on this matter and they have always proved unassailable in this matter.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 12:06 am

:lol:

T-rav20
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 12:16 am

Sand wrote:
T-rav20 wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Bears do not steal. They exercise the natural right of eminent domain. I have had long conversations with bears on this matter and they have always proved unassailable in this matter.
You speak bear? Well, if you hear the word "zipper" run.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 12:33 am

T-rav20 wrote:
Sand wrote:
T-rav20 wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

I also am somewhat conversant in dog, cat, seagull, Finnish, sparrow, and mouse. I assure you whenever I encounter a sparrow with an automatic pistol I merely walk by very cautiously. Moose is beyond me.

T-rav20
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 12:48 am

Sand wrote:
T-rav20 wrote:
Sand wrote:
T-rav20 wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

I also am somewhat conversant in dog, cat, seagull, Finnish, sparrow, and mouse. I assure you whenever I encounter a sparrow with an automatic pistol I merely walk by very cautiously. Moose is beyond me.
Well, that is something. I only speak cat (besides english, of course), and while I've never seen a bird with a gun, cows with guns are bad news indeed.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 1:10 am

Chickens have helicopters. Fight for Bovine freedom! Yeaahh!

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 1:18 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Yes, let them have "freedom". Tasty, juicy freedom...

T-rav20
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 1:20 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Cow Tse-Tung