Do you think Heinreich Himmler was an Aspie?

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ensabah6
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Apr 2009, 7:09 pm

Encyclopedia dramatica calls Himmler an "hard working aspie"

encyclopediadramatica.com/Nazi

"No successful organization is complete without a totally obsessed, hard-working aspie and Heinrich Himmler was Hitler's favorite aspie. ..."

Dubbed the #1 mass murderer of history, Nazi, he had a diary where he details his social difficulties with women. He was poor in athletics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himmler

The purpose of this question is to understand history better, using the best available tools. Inquiring into possible aspies like Himmler is no different than testing Napoleon's hair for arsenic, or understanding and diagnosing other historical personalities. I hope to hear from informed responses.

"While he struggled in athletics, he did well in his schoolwork. Also, at the behest of his father, Heinrich kept a diary from age 10 until age 24. He enjoyed chess, harpsichord, stamp collecting, gardening, and other extracurricular activities. Throughout Himmler’s youth and into adulthood, he was never at ease in interactions with women.[9]

Himmler’s diaries (1914-1918) show that he was extremely interested in war news. He implored his father to use his royal connections to obtain an officer candidate position for him. His parents eventually gave in, allowing him to train (upon graduation from secondary school in 1918) with the 11th Bavarian Regiment. Since he was not athletic, he struggled throughout his military training. In 1918 the war ended with Germany's defeat, thus ending Himmler's aspirations of becoming a professional army officer."

Intense interests. Social difficulties. motor difficulties. rigid thinking. Pedantic speech.

"Wolfgang Sauer, historian at University of California, Berkeley, felt that "although he was pedantic, dogmatic, and dull, Himmler emerged under Hitler as second in actual power. His strength lay in a combination of unusual shrewdness, burning ambition, and servile loyalty to Hitler."[27]"

Perambulator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2009, 7:47 pm

Adolf Hitler had Parkinson's disease. His hand would involuntarily shake. Is that not consistent with the poor motor co-ordination of Asperger's? Perhaps Hitler and Heimler were so close because they were both Aspies. Hitler too had little success with women or understanding them. He engaged in perverted sexual relations leading his partners to become suicidal. He also was obsessed with Wagner and would bore people talking about him.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Apr 2009, 8:36 pm

He had evil-itis!

The former things have passed away."

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 8:01 am

I am not quit sure If Himmler or Hitler was an Aspie because, they murdered Mentally ill people in the Holocaust.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 9:16 am

Perambulator wrote:
Adolf Hitler had Parkinson's disease. His hand would involuntarily shake. Is that not consistent with the poor motor co-ordination of Asperger's? Perhaps Hitler and Heimler were so close because they were both Aspies. Hitler too had little success with women or understanding them. He engaged in perverted sexual relations leading his partners to become suicidal. He also was obsessed with Wagner and would bore people talking about him.

Having or not having AS is totally orthogonal to being or not being ethical.

ruveyn

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 11:14 am

ruveyn wrote:
Perambulator wrote:

ruveyn

Unfortunately, in mathematical terminology, being at right angle to being ethical can be described as being normal to it and in no way can I describe Himmler as normal.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 11:25 am

Sand wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Perambulator wrote:

ruveyn

Unfortunately, in mathematical terminology, being at right angle to being ethical can be described as being normal to it and in no way can I describe Himmler as normal.

Orthogonal. Perpendicular. The dot product is zero. One is not a linear multiple of the other. Unrelated. Got it?

Robert Heinlein once said that people who could not cope with mathematics were not fully human. Can you cope with mathematics?

ruveyn

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 12:17 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Sand wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Perambulator wrote:

ruveyn

Orthogonal. Perpendicular. The dot product is zero. One is not a linear multiple of the other. Unrelated. Got it?

Robert Heinlein once said that people who could not cope with mathematics were not fully human. Can you cope with mathematics?

ruveyn

Look up "normal" under mathematical terminology.

thadius
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Apr 2009, 12:29 pm

Yes, I believe HH was an aspie. I've said this before on this forum and many others. The aspie supremacists don't like to admit this and they purposely exclude him on their lists of "famous aspies".

ensabah6
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Apr 2009, 12:33 pm

thadius wrote:
Yes, I believe HH was an aspie. I've said this before on this forum and many others. The aspie supremacists don't like to admit this and they purposely exclude him on their lists of "famous aspies".

he is on the [in]famous list. The only reservation I have is that as head of SS, he must have some social intelligence.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 12:41 pm

thadius wrote:

Seriously, what evidence do you have that HH was an aspie other than the Encyclopedia Dramatica?
He was very meticulous and methodical but its more likely he was obsessive-compulsive rather than socially handicapped.
FYI, having OCD and being somewhat introverted DOES NOT by itself qualify someone to be labeled an Aspie!
If you want an example of someone who definitely WAS an aspie, I'll give you one: H P Lovecraft.

thadius

14 Apr 2009, 1:35 pm

Haliphron wrote:
thadius wrote:

Seriously, what evidence do you have that HH was an aspie other than the Encyclopedia Dramatica?
He was very meticulous and methodical but its more likely he was obsessive-compulsive rather than socially handicapped.
FYI, having OCD and being somewhat introverted DOES NOT by itself qualify someone to be labeled an Aspie!
If you want an example of someone who definitely WAS an aspie, I'll give you one: H P Lovecraft.

There really is not much serious evidence aside from the many postings on forums such as this but that's because no one wants to believe HH was an aspie. Anyway there is not much hard evidence of any historical person having AS. It's all just conjecture even for people like HP Lovecraft, Einstein, Newton et al. And you have to admit that you don't want HH to have been an aspie.

The evidence I have is from reading and watching documenteries on him. He had a monotone voice and spoke in a very pedantic manner which many have likened to that of a school teacher's. Many that knew him said he was very shy but tried to compensate by being overly brash. He was obsessed with systemetzing the human race into neat little groups. Looks at these pictures in the link. His completely unatheletic physique and large head has me convinced.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=65515

This is a picture of HH as a child.

ensabah6
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Apr 2009, 2:09 pm

then there's the issue with his haircut

Glory
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Apr 2009, 7:06 pm

I've been a supporter of Hitler as autisic for a while, but I've never done any real reading about Himmler. Could anyone recommend any good books? It would certainly be interesting if the two most prominant Nazis were Autistic. I even once wondered if there was a link to Nazis with the fact that Asperger was working in Vienna at the time, but I suspect that would be a very silly social constructivism reading.

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2009, 12:46 pm

now we have three Anti Semites who might be Autistic.Who is next on the list Torquemada? Pedro de Arbues? Pope Paul IV? Vincent Ferrer or Pierre d'Aubusson?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2009, 12:48 pm

Not enough sufficient evidence to suggest he was like all the other antisemtic "aspies".