Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 8:41 am

Any of you fellas ever noticed an obviously lonely chick and started talking to her? If so, tell us about your adventures please.

Last edited by Learning2Survive on 21 Apr 2009, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 8:43 am

Learning2Survive wrote:
Any of you fellas ever noticed an obviously lonely chick and tried to pick her up? If so, tell us about your adventures please.

Hey sexy bender head,

This coffee shop clerk walked out onto the side walk and randomly addressed to an asian chick waiting at the bus stop, "Have you been here like for the longest time or is it just me?" Umm, she ignored him. Then, he tried to talk to a girl smoking by her self on the bench, and she ignored him too. Funny thing is, this guy looked normal.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 9:57 am

My poor, daft, younger brother, who of course is an aspie, saw a lonely-looking girl at a bus station. He didn't try to pick her up, he just felt bad for her. He proceeded to talk to her to keep her company when she started screaming, "Rape!" She stabbed him with a nailfile many times until security intervened. He had to go to court. There were witnesses to his innocence in addition to psychiatric papers claiming that the girl was mentally ill. Evidently she did this before. The previous gentleman died from infection to his stab wounds. My brother later met his wife through a support group for crime victims. His wife was victimized when she picked up a female hitch-hiker who robbed and badly beat her. She was another "Good-Samaritan". If somebody looks like they need help around me, that can forget it and just call a cop because I won't help. At best, I'll call the cop for them.

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 10:14 am

I crazy girl with a nail file? You can usually see that a person is a psychiatric patient by their face. If they don't smile when they see you, don't even start talking to them.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 10:51 am

Learning2Survive wrote:
I crazy girl with a nail file? You can usually see that a person is a psychiatric patient by their face. If they don't smile when they see you, don't even start talking to them.

People who smile at complete strangers are the crazy ones.

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 10:55 am

I once was told by a guy at the bus stop of a cute girl he befriended at the bus stop. Shortly before he asked for her number he said she asked for the bag with oreo's he was holding to see them.. When she saw what type they where she apparently threw them down in anger and started stomping on them screaming that she hated those cookies.

Don't believe he ever got her number.

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 10:56 am

RightGalaxy wrote:
Learning2Survive wrote:

I've had plenty of men and women give me a warm smile when I asked them something. It's a standard of politeness at work and at school. I was sitting on a coffee shop bench outside, reading my homeowork with a cup of tea in my hand, and this girl stopped and asked "Do you know what time it is?" I said 1:20. I smiled. She smiled. It was nice. She was not crazy.

It's all about how you present yourself. In my case, I was wearing a business suit, clean shaved, and with a recent hair cut. Wearing a pair of black loafers. Of course, if you are wearing a hoodie or don't look clean and professional, people will not trust you.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 11:15 am

Learning2Survive wrote:
Of course, if you are wearing a hoodie or don't look clean and professional, people will not trust you.

Quote:

Man the northwest must be some kind of wild vortex because smiling and unprofessional appearances are the gold standard around here.

Although to be fair, hoodies also make a lot of functional sense due to the fact that it rains 9 months a year.

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 11:46 am

I never wear hoodies. They are cheap, and they make you like you want to rob someone.

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 1:18 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
My poor, daft, younger brother, who of course is an aspie, saw a lonely-looking girl at a bus station. He didn't try to pick her up, he just felt bad for her. He proceeded to talk to her to keep her company when she started screaming, "Rape!" She stabbed him with a nailfile many times until security intervened. He had to go to court. There were witnesses to his innocence in addition to psychiatric papers claiming that the girl was mentally ill. Evidently she did this before. The previous gentleman died from infection to his stab wounds. My brother later met his wife through a support group for crime victims. His wife was victimized when she picked up a female hitch-hiker who robbed and badly beat her. She was another "Good-Samaritan". If somebody looks like they need help around me, that can forget it and just call a cop because I won't help. At best, I'll call the cop for them.

BEST.... STORY.... EVER!! ! :)

Btw, I would stay away from bus stop people, at least in cities where car ownership is common (this doesn't necessarily apply to cities where public transportation is clean, cheap, and popular). Here in L.A., most people at bus stops are low-income, new arrivals, tourists, mental cases, or people with DUI convictions who lost their driving privledge.

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 1:32 pm

Quote:
most people at bus stops are low-income, new arrivals, tourists, mental cases, or people with DUI convictions who lost their driving privledge.

good point. but you can always judge a person by how they are dressed, right?

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 3:23 pm

Um... no, you can't.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 3:28 pm

Lonely women? Such a thing exists? 8O

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 4:25 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:

I cringed when I read this. There were many times in the past when I saw a lonely-looking girl in public, and was tempted to approach her. However, my better judgment, and possiblty shyness too, prevented me from doing it almost every time. The few times I approach a girl like that, the worst thing she did was look at me with a "get away from me, you creep" expression. I guess I lucked out. Now, I generally don't approach women anywhere outside (including bus stops), unless it's "ma'am, can you tell me what time is it?" or "excuse me, which way is [place I'm looking for]?". And I've gotten somewhat good at reading body language to determine who might react violently.

If I see someone who appears to need help, I approach them two arms lengths (so they can't reach out and grab me), and say in a clear but somewhat flat voice: "Sir/ma'am, are you OK?" I don't say anything else, so it doesn't get misinterpreted. If their answer is anything similar to a "yes", I call 911, and let the trained professionals do their work. If it happens in a building or on a train, I summon a nearby security guard. In all cases, I avoid all physical contact with the person, and keep conversations to a minimum.

RightGalaxy, do you know if your brother touched that girl in any way? I think that might have caused her to react violently. Not that I'm defending her, I think she should go to a maximum security prison, but the touch might have set her off. Your brother did a nice thing by talking to the girl, but if he touched her, that was a mistake on his part. Touching strangers in public is considered bad form, although a tap on the shoulder is usually tolerated.

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 4:59 pm

Learning2Survive wrote:
Quote:
most people at bus stops are low-income, new arrivals, tourists, mental cases, or people with DUI convictions who lost their driving privledge.

good point. but you can always judge a person by how they are dressed, right?

No, but you can judge them by their lack of transportation in cities in which having transportation is pretty much mandatory to get around efficiently, i.e. Los Angeles. Pretty much the only people in Los Angeles who use busses are low-income, illegal alien housekeepers, or DUI/Mental patient types (or all of the above). Thus my comment. As I said, this doesn't apply as much for cities like NY and many European cities, that have more centralized city structure (unlike the L.A. sprawl) and clean and efficient public safety.

So nyah.

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 5:04 pm

The one thing I'd like to bring up here is that approaching someone who "looks lonely" (or desperate) is sort of a predatory way of looking at things. Basically, it's like you're looking for a mark, for easy prey. It's the wrong approach for girls, and often someone who is alone wants to be alone. It's an understandable reaction to Aspie dating desperation (which we see a lot of here), but the logic doesn't hold -- you don't want to be hunting for the bottom-dwellers. They're down there for a reason -- they want to be alone, they're crazy, etc. -- all of which has been borne out in this thread.

It's very different if they are sending you signals, making eye contact, etc. But someone minding their own business, sitting far away from others, probably should not be bothered.