I was a sociapath before sociapath was cool!

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2006, 9:28 pm

Seriously, is it me or have sociapathic tendencies become FASHIONABLE in some circles lately? This whole "emo" movement - sitting around sulking about being unpopular, just because it's the "cool" thing to do!?! When I was younger and moped around all day because nobody understood me, I got the crap beaten out of me for being weird, and now it "gets you all the chicks" as i saw one website phrase it!

Does this mean we're all fashionable wether we like it or not? :P

Is it really that hard to type a quick answer? Or is everyone determined to read, then promptly ignore, every topic I start? WHY THE HELL DO I BOTHER!?!

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2006, 9:47 pm

Oh no, you mentioned emo. I'm now required to get on my soapbox and b***h about how you compared us all to emos. Emos all wear the same thing, buy iPods, look sad, whine, listen to crappy underground music, and argh I could go on forever. Those crazy conforming non-conformists. The last thing you want to do is convince your self it's "cool", because "cool" is too vague a word, and I personally see that kind of cool as a dead word. It's lost all meaning, like the word clique.And I could never voluntarily dress the way they all do. I'm not emo, and I've never considered it "cool" in any way.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2006, 9:48 pm

Aren't sociapaths serial liars, and who do bad things and not own up or care?

Very dangerous, not cool.

I think there's more to it than just sitting around sulking, though. No-one likes emos, either.

violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2006, 9:48 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing us to emos - All i mean is that they seem to be popular for the very things that got me outcast and beaten up at school!

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2006, 9:50 pm

Popular amongst themselves, because they're all non-conforming the same way. Funny coinicedence, yes?

violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2006, 9:50 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

I think there's more to it than just sitting around sulking, though. No-one likes emos, either.

Yeah, wrong word, probably. But you know what? Screw it. Don't Care. anti-social, then. happy now? After all, why friggin' bother. I cant speak properly, I'm an artist. :P

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2006, 9:53 pm

A good description would be voluntary apathy and depression. They're perectly fine socially.

violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2006, 9:59 pm

Ok,whatever. I'll restructure my ENTIRE point now.

Isn't it odd the way some social groups (for example, emos) attempt to give the impression of lacking social ability (by behaving in an introverted manner, for example) and by doing so attain some degree of "coolness" in the eyes of their piers. However, if we (on the autistic spectrum) behave in an introverted/otherwise antisocial manner within our respective social circles, it can cause harm to our social standing. At the end of the day, it was just a little jab at the hypocrisy of society - one rule for some social structures, another rule for others. But, I really don't care any more.

salomedesade
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Jan 2006, 10:04 pm

There's nothing cool about being a sociopath. Sociopath and antisocial are two terms that are often misunderstood. The major characteristics are lying, manipulation, and often criminal activity. Essentially, they have no conscience. For an excellent example of the antisocial personality(as a sociopath is now called in psychiatric circles), get the series Profit on DVD. The main character, Jim Profit, is a ruthless crawler up the corporate ladder. He goes to great lengths to manipulate those around him to get what he wants. And he often succeeds, because he's such a good liar. Sociopaths are not mopey emo outcasts. They are actually very good at blending in with the crowd, and make good first impressions(Example: Ted Bundy). The term for us, and mopey emo outcasts, would actually be asocial, not wanting to be in with the crowd, but not deliberately doing anything to violate the rights and trust of others, while cloaking it in a false sense of caring, like so many sociopaths. We might make mistakes in social conduct, but it's not on purpose.

violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2006, 10:09 pm

JESUS CHRIST I CHANGED IT ALREADY!
Are some of you people so friggin' ignorant that you dont even bother readin what people have said before you post!?! I've changed MY ENTIRE POINT to re-clarify, and you STILL crawl up my arse with your bloody pedantics! I struggle with language, ok? I'm a visual person! I can't cope well with language! I TRY TO MAKE MORE FRIGGIN SENSE AND YOU KEEP DWELLING ON STUFF I ALREADY BLOODY CORRECTED!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2006, 10:23 pm

violentcloud wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Yeah, wrong word, probably. But you know what? Screw it. Don't Care. anti-social, then. happy now? After all, why friggin' bother. I cant speak properly, I'm an artist. :P

That makes two of us. Got any artwork that I can see?

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2006, 10:26 pm

violentcloud wrote:
Are some of you people so friggin' ignorant that you dont even bother readin what people have said before you post!?!

Yep, I sure am! :P

Way too lazy to read an entire thread before replying

violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2006, 10:31 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

That makes two of us. Got any artwork that I can see?

I've never bothered with a website, but I think I posted some album art I did on www.myspace.com/burncapitalistburn

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2006, 11:23 pm

Emo don't claim to have poor social skills. I think the claim Emo make is that they're a big bird with feathers, and they want to return to Australia to join their fellow emo. Oh, wait, those are emu.

Actually, emos claim to be misunderstood because no one else knows the angst they feel while listening to sappy music. They like to pose as depressed and sullen, but it's just that: a pose. Emos are widely derided for their ridiculousness just as gothenfolk, punks, and other high school cliques are.

Yes, sociopathy and antisocial personality disorder certainly aren't the right word.

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2006, 11:52 pm

Violentcloud--Look here!! I'm posting to you!! !!

What in the heck are emos???

Sorry you got harangued by everyone else; I knew what you meant. Except for the emo part!

Nevertheless, I have one request; Please do not take the name of my lord in vain.

(Thanks alot, people. Now I'm going to obsess over emos until I figure out what they are!!) Somebody better post to that!! !

pad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2006, 12:26 am

Of course it isn't cool to be anti-social(disorder). They are bunch manilative people who do not care about ones feeling or emotions. No sympathy. What in the world are emos? You expressed it so freely assuming we all know exactly what this label is.